As an official green event, the symposium is set up for minimal environmental impact. In addition to serving a seasonal and locally sourced vegetarian lunch, IUOS has worked with IMU Catering to make the event landfill free, meaning all meal components will be reused or recycled; this is also true for all promotion and decoration materials. Composting and recycling bins will be available, with no packaging headed to the landfill.
Additionally, attendees are encouraged to walk, ride the bus, or bike to the Neal Marshall Black Culture Center Grand Hall for the event. To find out which bus route works best for you, please visit IU Campus Bus or Bloomington Transit.
Registration is quick and easy, and there's no charge to attend the event. If you register and decide later you can no longer make it, please help us conserve food and resources by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the event. REGISTER HERE
- Agenda coming soon!
Menu coming soon!
Interns Presenting a Poster
- Angela Babb, Strategic Planning and Implementation for Sustainable Food
- Hayley Smith, Utilities Conservation
- Mimi Zakem, No Waste
- Henri Venable, Bicycle Friendly Campus Initiatives
- Dana Schroeder, Sustainability Peer Educator Program
- Andrew Carty, Sustainability and the Greek Experience
- Brad Lufkin, Education and Research
- Emily Hughes, Hoosier to Hoosier Community Sale
- Meghan Ploch, Rain Garden
- Cleo Hernandez, Sustainability and the First Year Experience
- Kit Gambill, Campus Garden Initiative
- Amishi Kumar, Purchasing