Keeping Track of Hours
- Work progress forms are made available to you through Google Drive.
- Each intern has his or her own work progress form that is reviewed by Emilie on a weekly basis.
- For those interns who are hourly employees, you are required to fill out a timesheet at the end of each shift you work.
- Timesheets must be filled out before the end of each pay period, which are bi-weekly. You will see that pay periods are denoted on your work progress form.
- Timesheets are found at onestart.iu.edu
- **Failure to complete your timesheet for a pay period could result in termination of employment. Therefore, we encourage you to fill out your timesheet at the end of every shift.
E-House Staffing Procedures
We appreciate your help staffing E-House. Here are some basic guidelines for every shift:
- Please complete staffing doodle polls promptly to ensure we can schedule shifts in a timely manner. When completing the polls, please indicate ALL of the times during which you are available. You should only indicate you are unavailable when you have an academic commitment preventing you from staffing.
- The E-House card swipe on the back door is now set on the summer schedule. The door will automatically unlock from 9-12 and 1-4 Monday through Thursday. If you visit E-House outside of these hours, you will need to use your student/staff ID to open the door.
When you arrive:
- Unlock the front door. Make sure to let Bill, Emilie or Jessica know if the door was unlocked when you arrived.
- Lift the shades.
- Tidy up the main room and conference room if necessary.
- Put any dirty dishes in the dishwasher and tidy up the kitchen.
- Empty any organic waste in the green bin into the vermiculture bin in the basement.
During your staffing shift:
- Welcoming any visitors that drop by and answering any questions they may have.
- Make sure to ask if they:
- Have visited sustain.indiana.edu,
- Would like to be added to the sustainability listserv, and
- Would like someone to follow up with them after their visit.
- Log visitor info in this sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiiH8W-sjTRmdElTZVREUHN2eHpIWHJNWWJ5R1RYMkE
- Make sure to ask if they:
- Working on your internship.
- You should only log staffing hours if you are also working on your internship or fulfilling any of the other staffing duties listed on this sheet.
- If there is not a meeting in the downstairs conference room, you are welcome to work there. If there is a meeting, please stay in the workroom.
Closing E-House. If you are the last to leave, please:
- Lock the deadbolt on the front door
- Shut and lock all windows
- Pull the shades down
- Turn off the computers in the work room and the conference room, then turn off the power strip
- Unplug any appliances in the kitchen
Working after hours at E-House. Please remember:
- If you are working alone, please keep the front door locked.
- Please avoid working at E-House between the hours of 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
*If you have questions or concerns during your shift, feel free to call Emilie at 812-360-1596 OR Jessica at 812-391-2521.
Best Practices for Scheduling & Conducting Meetings
Click here to download this document.
Publicizing Program Opportunities
In order to have an effective communications plan, it’s important to keep Jessica apprised of your ongoing or one-time opportunities so that she can ensure we are adding these items into our publication calendar for This Week in Sustainability, Catalyst, social media, and press releases.
If you have volunteer opportunities, event postings, or other engagement opportunities, you should always “Submit an Event” on our website. This information goes straight to communication coordinators Jessica and Linda.
*The sooner you can submit something the better for us to ensure it is publicized appropriately. You are also welcome to email information to Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org