We look forward to building on our already successful efforts during the 2013-2014 academic year by engaging our fan base and improving sustainable systems within the department. We greatly appreciate your support!
Become a Greening Cream & Crimson Volunteer!
- Increased our tailgate waste diversion to 54% during the 2012 Game Day Challenge recycling competition, from 37% in 2011.
- Volunteers handed out new IU Athletics-branded tailgate recycling bags
- New bag dispensers located at the tailgate
- Increased the number of recycling bins and dumpsters
- Recycling PSA with IU athletes played at Memorial Stadium
- Analyzed total energy and water use by month for all available metered buildings
- Athletics facilities included in campus-wide energy audit
- New opportunities for energy conservation identified
- Better understanding how Athletics' staff view sustainability through survey research and statistical analyses
- Add new bicycle racks in areas surrounding Memorial Stadium and Assembly Hall
- Create new educational material so fans better understand tailgate rules and regulations, both green practices and non-green practices
- Launch of the newly formed student organization- Greening Cream and Crimson- that works directly with the IU Athletic Department to create and support sustainable practices - contact email@example.com for more information
- Expand our game-day initiatives to promote more student awareness and involvement
- Implementing a fan-based tailgate recycling competition where fans collect and turn in bags of recyclables to win prizes
- The Hoosier to Hoosier Community Sale (H2H) to benefit Bloomington nonprofits and reduce move-out waste will occur Saturday August 20, 2012 at Gladstein Fieldhouse. Last year, H2H raised over $10,000. For more information, visit Hooser to Hoosier