Certification allows you to learn more about planning and executing a green event and it provides you an award for your work, which you should proudly display at your event!
Certification Coming Soon
What is the purpose of the survey?
- The purpose of the survey is two-fold: 1) To determine the proper level of certification for an event on campus or in the community. 2) To guide event planners toward making sustainable choices and taking the proper actions to mitigate their event’s environmental impact.
Who can take the survey?
- This survey is intended for those persons who are coordinating or planning an event. Professional event planners can also use this survey, but they should first have permission/support from the party who hired them.
What qualifies as an event?
- You should consider an event in its entirety. For example, a conference can last for several days. You should count the conference overall as the “event” and the separate days and functions that make up the conference should be considered as you take the survey.
What are the questions like?
- The questions are categorized as follows: Food | Venue | Transportation | Marketing | Purchasing
- The categories were created for multiple reasons. Based on market research and meetings these areas were determined to be the most important aspects of events in terms of sustainability.Categorizing the survey questions provides information about what environmental factors are important throughout each area of event planning.These categories allow us to provide substantial feedback to you once the survey is completed.
How long will the survey take?
- Depending on the elements of your event, the survey will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
What happens after I submit?
- Feedback: Upon completion of the survey, the participant will receive an email that shows their certification level. In addition, the participant will be given results that illustrate the success of each category so an event planner can quickly gauge their strengths, weaknesses, and areas for improvement.
- Confirmation and Certificate: After the event takes place, participants will be sent another email to remind them to make any final changes to their survey or accept their previous responses and “publish” their results to receive a final certification level. Participants will be emailed a final report and they will receive a certificate of honor for their green event.