IU Faculty and Staff came together from many IU departments and discussed the proposed Environmental and Sustainability Studies Bachelor of Arts degree. Michael Hamburger, Co-chair of the Campus Sustainability Advisory Board, and Jeff White, Director of the Integrated Program in the Environment, led the workshop.
The Community of Practice Fall workshop took place on November 1, 2013.
Special thanks to our presenters, organizers, and participants!
Follow Up Survey
The 2013 Sustainability Community of Practice will feature conversations about core competencies in sustainability education and common core course content. It will last approximately 1 1/2 hours and be followed by a reception.
Find the full agenda here.
Please familiarize yourself with these documents before attending the Sustainability Community of Practice.
1. The updated proposal for the BA in Environmental and Sustainability Studies.
2. Key Competencies in Sustainability By Wiek et al.
3. U.S. Higher Education Environmental Program Managers' Perspectives By Vincent and Focht. Please focus on pages 169-179.
4. Report on Peer Institutions.
5. An excerpt from Environmental Literacy. By Heather Reynolds, Jen Robinson, et al.
6. Sustainability: A Comprehensive Foundation. By Al-Hallaj et al.
7. Teaching Sustainability 101: How Do We Structure an Introductory Course? Roundtable discussion moderated by Tom Schrand.
8. Key Competencies (Combined Examples).